New Brunswickers can now submit claims for the NB Staycation rebate incentive
If you’re a New Brunswicker who enjoyed an overnight staycation within the province between July 15th & September 30th, you may be eligible for a 20% rebate!
Are you a New Brunswick resident and in need of a vacation? Recharge your batteries by visiting your own province and get a 20% rebate while having an overnight stay at your vacation destination! #ExploreNB https://t.co/7aooXAM3rg pic.twitter.com/1DtC0lORUR
— Government of NB (@Gov_NB) July 15, 2020
This was through the Explore NB Travel Incentive Program — NB residents age 19 or older can submit a claim for a 20% rebate on up to $1,000 spent on travel-related expenses (so long as it included a paid overnight stay at a New Brunswick accommodation).
There are four categories of eligible expenses in New Brunswick:
- accommodations (such as hotels, motels, inns, B&Bs and campsites)
- food and drink (such as restaurants and food trucks)
- activities (such as entrance fees to attractions, museums, art galleries, cultural events and outdoor adventure activities)
- travel (such as vehicle rentals, ferries and parking)
Residents may apply for the 20% rebate on eligible expenses up to $1,000. To qualify, the applicant must be:
- a permanent resident of New Brunswick
- have valid and detailed receipts from registered New Brunswick businesses
- have a paid overnight stay at a New Brunswick accommodation
A list of eligible expenses and criteria is available online.
Applications for the Explore NB Travel Incentive Program will be available online and must be submitted between Oct. 1-30.
To submit a claim/more info: Explore NB Travel Incentive Program